Thursday, April 11, 2013

A new green inkling


My mother has always been a passionate gardener. She’s always grown gardens that, it suffices to say, make the neighbors green with envy. Ceaseless blooming, succulent crops and the most intense green you could imagine (in her garden, not on their faces!).

I am not. Good with plants that is. I do not paint my neighbors faces green with envy. I do not do the ceaseless blooming and succulent crops. And “the most intense green” soon turns the ever boring yellowing of dead crops at the touch of my hands.

But, alas, a weakness is a weakness until it is not. I have now managed to get two following seeds to grow:

Tomato x2
Cucumber
Zucchini
Passionfruit
Chili
Spinach
Chives
Physalis
Koriander
Parsley
Carnations
Mint

It is just about the best thing ever when things start popping up from the earth. It is like magic. Green magic that’ll make my neighbors green with envy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message!